Friday, July 8, 2011

Homemade donuts

   

My kids love donuts!  When I am shopping at midnight at Wal-mart, I will give the bakery shelf a look, but none look worthy my money.  I guess I was ruined with the Krispy Kreme at the corner of the university and going in at 9 pm for hot fresh donuts to prep me for a night of cramming.

I used to make these donuts when I was camping, but now as a mom charming my children, I make them about every 2 weeks.  I usually have everything I need; canaster of biscuits, oil, powdered sugar and milk. 

07082011601

I quarter the biscuits and then fry them.  I make sure the oil is deep enough to cover the dough.  Here they are frying away. 

07082011602

I then pile them on a plate.  I used to cover them in icing, but we love them warm and the icing would slide off them.  So anymore we just have the icing on the side and dip them.  This makes for a lot less mess.

07082011603

And then they are gone.

07082011604

~trish

No comments:

Post a Comment