Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Frequency Words – Set 1

 

Realizing we really DO need to be learning the high frequency words for both my 1st grader and Kindergartener, I stole the practice from my daughter’s school last year.  Hehe, being the unschooler (more for the fact that I hate to pay for too much, I also got the word list from her school).

07192011649

Now they call them Popcorn Words, we call them Happy Meal Words!  See at school when they complete a sheet, they would get a bag of popcorn on Friday.  Well, a bag of popcorn is a regular around here, so what would be so special in that? Thankfully, McDonalds has their Happy Meals on Sale every Tuesday and Thursday for $1.99. 

We are reviewing these words every day.  On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday we review them with a highlighter.  I highlight them if they know them, once the chart is filled, it is HAPPY MEAL time.  Yes, I really will just buy the ONE kid a Happy Meal, the others will just have the usual, McDouble, Apple pie and water.

Here is our first set for both K and 1st.  Of course, I made these after I made my kids.  They are set as 4 by 6, so you can print as a picture and put in a $1 flip book.  Or you can print as half a page.  I used scrapbook paper to make a folder and then printed as half a page.  As they progress, I will staple another page on top, so we can easily review all our sets each week.

sight words - Page 003

sight words - Page 004

 

Being so sweet!  I made a set of blanks so you can make your own. in the same format.sight words - Page 001 sight words - Page 002  

I will have the other sight word list later.

Enjoy!

~trish

No comments:

Post a Comment