Thursday, June 30, 2011

Preparing to start soon.

 

So I have been working on my first 9 week plan for school.  We will be starting in 10 days! so I figured it would be a good time to get things in order.

To start with, we live in a tiny house with lots of littles (please insert TREX voice from Meet the Robinsons). So the only thing I got for me is a book shelve.  SO here we go for order.

06302011565

Top Shelf: Lego box, box of old school readers (from the 50s), and a box of Discovery Toys.  Side note:  Just found discovery toys and love them, there are so many cool things to use with homeschooling.

Second Shelf: Blue box of flash cards, mint condition.  I have no idea, I love buying flash cards, but we never use them. The basket on top is all of speech stuff.  All those workbooks are left over half done stuff.  So we will work them into our days, because I cannot throw them away.

Third Shelf:  This is our work station.  A basket for Mr. Family Clown and for Miss Helper.  I figured I would put just that day’s work in the blue basket.  Then a shoe box with pencils, scissors, and pencil sharpener.

Fourth Shelf:  A box for each kid to keep all their active workbooks.  I have another big box for all my teacher manuals.  That binder is My Father’s World Kindergarten with all the tabs for each unit and letter.  You can see it here in full.

Underneath is the Marbleworks and all of our coloring books.

 

I should have taken a before and after, but to give you an idea how I work.  This is a before and after of my desk!

06302011567

06302011568

So we I am getting excited.  The last of our stuff will get here tomorrow.  I still have more things to get together, like enrolling them in an umbrella school and unenrolling them out of public.  So counting the days down.

~trish

No comments:

Post a Comment